Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetal 9 always crash on some machines  (Read 2605 times)
shanghai15

« on: February 05, 2015, 09:16:31 PM »

Hi, I have installed XMetal 9 on one of my machines and it kept crashing after opened for about 2~3 minutes. The symptom is the same as XMetal 7. I have a dump file but I don't know how to deliver it to XMetal dev team.
shanghai15

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »

I have taken a look at the dump and looks like it is still memory access violation with this dll:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\CCHSFS\Non-Annual\xulrunner\xul.dll
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:22:28 PM »

This file is not part of the XMetaL Author Enterprise, XMetaL Author Essential or XMAX installation.

Using Google to search, the most common reference I can find for "xul.dll" is a file included with FireFox (it is related to the FireFox GUI). No XMetaL software has any reliance on FireFox, or integration with FireFox. So I'm not sure how it might be related to your issue, unless you have built or are using 3rd party code somehow tries to connect the two.
shanghai15

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 09:14:36 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Actually I have taken a look at that folder and xul.dll is coming from a tax software https://www.cchsfs.com/. I haven't installed any 3rd party plugin for XMetal, and looks like XMetal itself loads the file from here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\CCHSFS\Non-Annual\xulrunner\xul.dll.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »

XMetaL Author does not use this DLL (I have confirmed this with the development team). Everything I can find about this DLL online suggests it is part of FireFox or possibly other Mozilla software, which is not used by XMetaL Author.

Perhaps the cause is a virus? Or perhaps your copy of XMetaL Author has been modified by a 3rd party?
Did you obtain your copy of XMetaL Author from JustSystems?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:14:16 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us