Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Modify how table cell is displayed  (Read 2616 times)
rnv

« on: October 31, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »

Hi,

We are using outputclass attribute of a table cell attribute to specify if a table cell should have shaded background. i.e. if attribute
Code:
outputclass=bg
then the cell is published with gray background.

How do I modify XMetaL so that such cell is also displayed with gray background in XMetaL?

regards,
rnv
rnv

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:33:59 AM »

I found the way!

we are also using outputclass to specify the rotation of text in a table cell. ie, if outputclass='rotate' then the text in that cell will be published vertically (rotate=-90deg).

How do I display that in XMetaL?

also if a table cell has background as well as vertical text rotation the outputclass looks like this: outputclass='rotate bg'.

How do I consider such case where attribute has two values in XMetaL author css files (topic_ditabase-specialized.css) in XACs folder?

regards,
rnv
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:27:54 AM by rnv » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »

The rotate property is an XSL-FO setting supported by RenderX XEP, so that is why it works for you in PDF output specifically (and only for PDF).

There is no equivalent CSS display setting supported by XMetaL Author that will allow you to display your content this way while editing. I think that is what you are asking.

If an attribute consists of a string with "values" separated by spaces (note that technically this is still a single attribute value) you can use the CSS selector ~= to do partial matches. You should see this used in all the CSS files for DITA. In that case it is used to support specialization based on the DITA class attribute. You CSS selector would look similar to all of those.

I'm assuming by "in XMetaL" you mean while authoring (that's what it means to me). If you mean "when generating output to" some output type then of course you would be looking at altering the XSLT in the DITA Open Toolkit that is specific to that output.
rnv

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:09 AM »

Yes, I am trying to update the display while authors are editing in XMetaL. I would like to configure so that authors see their DITA topics in XMetaL as it would be published (as much as possible).

In HTML I can specify CSS as following to rotate text. In XMetaL it is not working. as you mentioned there is no equivalent setting in XMetaL. anyway thanks.
.rotate { transform: rotate(90deg);}

For Multiple attribute values I was able to resolve it as you suggested  ('~=' ). Thanks
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us