Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Which latest version of EMC Documentum supported by XMetaL ?  (Read 3903 times)
Documentum

« on: October 28, 2014, 06:36:36 AM »

Hello All,

As I can see, XMetaL can be integrated with EMC Documentum tool Webtop. Can I know the latest version of Documentum like 6.7 SP1 / 6.7 SP2 supported or not ?

Does that supported with XCP version of 1.X or 2.1 ? D2 ?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:19:09 AM by Documentum » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:30:44 PM »

Documentum Webtop 6.7 SP2 is the latest version supported. XMetaL Author Enterprise integrates with Documentum servers using Webtop only.

That version requires XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0 + XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.

Please discuss this with the JustSystems sales team.
Documentum

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »

I do not find.. Trail version for following, I am trying to reach sales team may be due to time difference getting delayed response. Does any one have any idea about following for trail version, so I can do required proof of concepts.

XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.

Also @Derek, when you say XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0 + XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.

I need to install both ?

From install guide, I get following, will be getting additonal Documentum Archieve to install in Documentum Repository to get the features of the same ?

Update DocApp

Note for XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop users: To see all the enhancements and changes for DITA, please ensure that the DocApp is updated accordingly. Updated DocApps are made available with the XMetaL Author 9.0-compatible release of XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:52:41 PM by Documentum » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »

There is no trial for XMetaL Author for Documentum Webtop. The only way to get that is through the sales team.

Yes, you need to install both. XMetaL Author Enterprise is the XML authoring software (the XML editor).
XMetaL Author for Documentum Webtop is a "connector" (aka: "integration" or "bridge") that allows XMetaL Author Enterprise to communicate with Documentum. For this CMS system there are two parts. One portion (the connector) extends XMetaL Author Enterprise on your desktop. The second portion extends Webtop and is installed on the Documentum Webtop server.

There are many different connectors (mostly provided through our CMS partners) and each has a different way of communicating with a particular CMS system, so these are installed separately.
Documentum

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »

Sorry seems to be confusion on following.

The second portion extends Webtop and is installed on the Documentum Webtop server.

Total 3 things to make sure while using connector with Documentum webTop.

1. XMetal Author  Editor (basic).
2. XMetaL Author For Documentum webtop (connector / bridge)
3. Documentum Webtop server --> not clear ? additional customization to be deployed on Webtop War archive ?

Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »

1. XMetal Author Enterprise.
2. XMetaL Author for Documentum Webtop (connector / bridge, extends #1 to give it Webtop communication capability).
3. Documentum Webtop server extension. You install this into your Webtop installation on your Documentum server. EMC designs Webtop to work with Internet Explorer (only). Our server side code extends that capability to allow it to also function with our connector.

You can purchase #1 by itself and run it by itself if you want to work with files on your local machine and don't need to integrate with Documentum.
#2 and 3 come together in the same package since you need both if you wish to integrate XMetaL Author Enterprise with Documentum.
Documentum

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »

Thank you for clarification.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us