Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Associate macro with toolbar button  (Read 2284 times)
pmasal

« on: October 22, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »

Using XMetaL 8. The help tells me I can associate macro with toolbar button by Selecting View -> Toolbars -> Buttons tab. But when I do that, I get a Customize dialog with no Buttons tab (see screen shot). Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Paul Masalsky
McAfee

* nobuttonstab.png (54.31 KB, 894x599 - viewed 445 times.)
pmasal

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:36:49 PM »

Think I found the answer here: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php?topic=1833.0
Paul
XMetaLOldTimer
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »

There are permission considerations with any customizing of the software.  But what you have here is a typo in the documentation....it should have said "Commands".  Select the Application Macros option from the list on the left and then click-drag one of the macros from the list on the right onto the menu or toolbar.  After a new button is positioned, you can right-click on the button (while the Customize dialog is still open) to set additional properties.

There is one big caveat here...application/global toolbars (i.e. when no documents are open) can only be modified and deployed using a Startup script and the On_Default_CommandBars_Complete event macro.  Our GUI doesn't prevent you from modifying the toolbars when the system is in this state (i.e. no docs open), it just won't remember/restore/deploy properly in a subsequent session. 

It is okay to do document-specific toolbars modifications through the GUI but beware of UAC.  You have to by-hand copy the per-user TBR file to where ever the customization is located (for most cases except DITA).

Regards,
Addam

Addam Smith, XMetaL Project Lead & Architect
JustSystems Canada Inc.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us