Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Cannot find DITA_OT folder or plugins folder to alter DITA open toolkit  (Read 1959 times)
Sblue

« on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:01 AM »

I am working with XMetal 9 and I am trying to install a webhelp plugin with specific styles for my company. However, I cannot find the DITA_OT or plugins folder or any folder related to DITA that has the webhelp plugin. I have looked all over google and through the XMetal Author Enterprise User's Guide but it keeps telling me the same thing, there should be a DITA_OT folder at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMetaL Shared. I have all the folders in that path but not DITA_OT folder. I have conducted various searches on my computer for these folders and files but have found nothing except a DITA_OT folder within a series of Adobe Framemaker 12 subfolders, but even that does not have the webhelp folder or file.

My colleagues use XMetal 8 and have no problem with this. Also, I have generated Webhelp output in XMetal to try and create the DITA_OT folder but it did not create any new folders that I can find.

Any help would be appreciated.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »

With XMetaL Author Enterprise 9 the DITA OT is now both installed to and run from here: C:\ProgramData\SoftQuad\XMetaL\Shared

For older versions see this post: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,237.0.html
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us