Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetal 5 Connector Documentation  (Read 2071 times)
KevinW

« on: September 02, 2014, 07:44:12 AM »

I'm looking to write my own XMetal connector, if possible, for XMetal 5.  I've been unable to locate documentation on the connector API and was hoping someone could point me to the right place.  Additionally, has the connector API changes from 5 to the current 11 version?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »

Please contact Partner Support for details on obtaining the XMetaL Connector SDK, or go through our sales team to discuss this.

The XMetaL Connector APIs were solidified with XMetaL Author Enterprise version 6. In theory you could create something similar for 5 (using older APIs not specifically designed to write a connector) but there isn't much point as that release is unsupported. Officially supported versions of all our software include the current release and one release back (currently that means version 9 back to 8). Exceptions are made when a partner has been unable to test their connector with a current release, but version 6 (now 4 years old) is the absolute limit. Version 5 does not function properly on currently supported versions of Windows (the last version it was tested on was XP which Microsoft no longer supports).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:24:26 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us