Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XFT ListBox sort property setting in XMetaL Developer 7  (Read 2043 times)
stephen.perkins

« on: July 09, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »

I have a form which loads items from a text file on the users computer into a listbox on an xft form. The list is presorted and I'm having difficulty getting the listbox (ListBox1) to respect the sort, which I should be able to do by setting ListBox1.Sort = 0 I believe. Is it restricted to be set in the OnInitialize event? Anywhere I try the form fails to populate the listbox.

Form and sample text list attached. The text list is expected to reside in C:\DOCS\AuthRecList.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

* XFTListBoxSortIssue.zip (26.86 KB - downloaded 224 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »

The sort property for ListBox1 in the XFT is set to "1 - yes" in the properties for that control. When I set it to "0 - no" the items in that listbox aren't sorted (as you expect I think).

I'm testing with XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.047 (current release).

If you still can't get it working please let us know your version number from Help > About and the product you are using (XMAX, XMetaL Author Enterprise or XMetaL Author Essential). Perhaps there is an issue with your specific release.
stephen.perkins

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »

Well that's humbling. My XMDeveloper cleats have been gathering dust a couple years and I forgot completely to look at the control properties form (red face). Thanks!
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: