Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: How to show 2 element lines in the same line?  (Read 2184 times)
can2000

« on: May 23, 2014, 06:00:39 PM »

Hi guys,

I am newbie to this Xmetal stuff, and might not describe the problem very clearly, but I am trying.
I tried to use :first-child as below code (to display "Accomplished SB:" for the first sb), but it didn't work somehow.

Code:
accomplished-sb:first-child:before {
  content: "Accomplished SB: ";
  list-style-type: none;
  color: #0033FF;
  font-weight: bold;
  font-size: 11pt;
  margin-left: 10pt;
}

So, I used another way to work around. But I don't know how to display 2 elements data in the same line? please see the attachment for details.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:03:36 PM by can2000 » Logged
can2000

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:33:46 AM »

http://dustwell.com/div-span-inline-block.html

It looks like "display: block" has a carriage return at the end. How to remove it? Thanks
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 03:11:02 PM »

As "display:inline" is the default setting for all elements not setting any value for that property should give you the results you want.
Presumably the issue is that one of your elements has "display:block" or some other display value.

Note that as this is XML there is no concept of <div> or <span>. The CSS used to render XML in XMetaL Author does not have any assumed rendering behaviour for any elements except HTML and CALS tables. Not that you actually have <div> and <span> here, but in XMetaL Author both of those elements (and any other elements except HTML and CALS tables) will render using display:inline by default.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:14:03 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us