Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Xmetal Developer Edition 7 - Blue Diamond image is missing for Empty elements  (Read 2202 times)
Tsaravana

« on: April 21, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »

Recently we have upgraded xmetal developer version from 5.5 to 7.0. After the Upgrade, Blue diamond Image that used to appear when we insert the empty elements (Self closing tags ex: <PageBreak/> )is NOT appearing.

We found a solution which applies for Xmetal Author (http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,3192.0.html). Not Sure how to fix it in Xmetal developer version.

Can someone help me on this??

Thanks in adv,
Saravana
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:21:38 PM »

If you are referring to the blue diamond used to indicate an empty element while authoring an XML document then that is a feature built into XMetaL Author Enterprise, XMetaL Author Essential, and XMAX.

This feature does not apply to XMetaL Developer and I cannot think of an equivalent feature or reason to have it in XMetaL Developer. What portion of the user interface of XMetaL Developer do you expect to see the blue diamond in and what would it do?
Tsaravana

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:07:55 AM »

Hi Derek,

I have XMetal Xmax 7.0 installed in my machine. Sorry I was referring the other machine and given the wrong information

Even in the XMetal XMax 7.0, the blue diamond image is not appearing . But this was working fine when I had a XMetal Xmax 5.5.

Can you please help us to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Saravanakumar T
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »

You could wait for a fix for XMAX or add an image using CSS:

elementname:before {
   content:url(myemptyicon.jpg);
}

Note: This workaround will also work for XMetaL Author.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:29:53 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: