Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Unable to view attributes on tags  (Read 2391 times)
Preeth

« on: April 13, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »

I have installed XMetaL 9. I am unable to view the attributes of an element when I click Tages On View or hover over the tags. Is there is a particular setting to get this working? Earlier I was able to view the attributes.
Thanks!
barbwire

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:13:17 AM »

I have installed XMetaL 9. I am unable to view the attributes of an element when I click Tages On View or hover over the tags. Is there is a particular setting to get this working? Earlier I was able to view the attributes.
Thanks!
View / Attribute Inspector

Also if you don't want to set auto hide on, click the small button next to title "Attribute inspector".
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »

The only thing I can think of with regard to hovering over tags not showing attributes that are set is that there is an installation issue or something is interfering with that functionality. I know of no 3rd party software that might break this functionality, but it is possible.

As this functionality is a core part of the software it seems unlikely that it could be caused by missing or corrupt files in the installation as I believe in this case that the main xmetal90.exe file would need to be broken, but if that were the case then the software would probably either not launch or throw all kinds of errors.

If you can reproduce this on a second computer at your location then please contact XMetaL Support and they can work with you to figure out what might be common to each system that might be the trigger. They would want to know which software you are running (XMAX, XMetaL Author Essential or XMetaL Author Enterprise) and the exact version.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:57:34 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: