Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: webhelp not using customized css  (Read 2311 times)
JoAnne

« on: April 10, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »

XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.024  on Windows 7

I'm generating WebHelp (DITA15 WebHelp output) and the generated pages aren't calling my custom css file.  I edited the deliverable type to include a specific css as well as including the ant params in the Advanced tab:
ANT_PARAM_args.css  =  guides_style.css
ANT_PARAM_args.copycss  =  yes

The TOC pane uses the css, but the main html pages don't have a link rel reference to it in the header if I view the source. Do I need to set something else?

UPDATED: the output HTML files now have the link rel to the css. The issue I found is that startcmd.bat is looking for the path to java, which is different on the 64-bit system (DOH).  The HTML files need the css to be copied into each directory (/reference, /task, /concept) though.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:26:36 PM by JoAnne » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:56 PM »

This looks like incorrect behaviour to me. Ideally, the CSS file should only be copied once (by the OT) and all links to it should be made relative to that one copy.

Once I can reproduce this I'll log it as a bug.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:23:43 AM »

Not sure when this issue was introduced but it is part of DITA OT 1.8 r2.
Doesn't make sense to log it as our bug, so I'll check to see if the DITA OT Project is aware of it.
JoAnne

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »

Thanks, Derek, as always!  I'll stop beating my head against the wall wondering what I was doing wrong, then. :)
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us