Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Specilized DTD  (Read 2773 times)
ramu

« on: April 07, 2014, 04:55:06 AM »

Hello all,

I have a DTD which is created according to our requirements. Using this DTD, i am trying to create a topic in XMetal. So many elements are working fine which i have specified in DTD except image and table elements are not working.

Please help me how this elements are also works to my DTD.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:24 PM »

Provided you followed the instructions in the documentation, support for DITA specialization should just work for all elements with one exception (just brought to light by you here). Specializing the CALS table model (the DITA table model that uses the element names table, tgroup, colspec, thead, tbody, row, entry) will allow your documents to still be fully editable, it is just that the built-in table editing support to "graphically" display and "graphically" edit this type of table will not function. Presumably this is your issue.

If you have specialized the CALS table model you will need to live without CALS table editing support (there is no "fix" or workaround I can think of). The alternative is to avoid specializing this type of table.

This limitation is not documented because nobody anticipated a client might wish to do this.

I'm not sure what would cause your issue with images. Please submit your specialized DTD to XMetaL Support so they can have a look at it to see if there is something obvious that can be corrected, either with the DTD or the customization files XMetaL Author Enterprise generates when you choose Tools > Select Specialized DITA DTD.
ramu

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:37:07 AM »

Thanks Derek for your response.

The table element works fine. But image elements still creates some issue.

Here is my Image element definition.

<!ELEMENT image (title?)>
<!ATTLIST  image%Attr-com;
   src CDATA #REQUIRED
   alt CDATA #IMPLIED
   align CDATA #IMPLIED
   width CDATA #IMPLIED
   height CDATA #IMPLIED
   caption (before | after) "after"
>

<!ENTITY  % Attr-com
   "id ID #IMPLIED
   class NMTOKEN #IMPLIED
   style CDATA #IMPLIED
   type NMTOKEN #IMPLIED
   lang NMTOKEN #IMPLIED"
>

the problem i am facing is the image icon in xmetal is not highlighting. if we use image element from element list, i am unable to use that.

please help me whether I am on right path or need to some modifications
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:19:15 PM »

Please provide the specialized DTD -- the whole set of files -- so we can test exactly what you are working with. If you prefer not to post that here please submit a support case to XMetaL Support.

What I suspect is going on is that the CTM file that is auto-generated is just not getting the right setting in it to identify this element as an image.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: