Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Issue in Image rendering  (Read 2983 times)
pooh2583

« on: October 22, 2013, 05:35:47 AM »

Hello,

I am using Xmetal Author 7

I want to render an image into xml Document using Xmetal , I am writing <Image><source>attribute</source></Image> in .ctm file where source is one of the attribute value which is the name of the image ,and the image itself is copied into the folder where xml document is present.

when image is loaded for the first time only X is present in place of an image.

but when I change the View of the xml file in Xmetal like tag view and again switch back to normal view the image is rendered and shown in the Xmetl document properly.

Could you please guide me about this issue?

Also I am writing a code in CSS where I have to show bullet image in palce of an actual bullet.
I am writing following code for that

element:before {content:url(bullet.jpg);} then only X is shown in place of image(bullet.jpg is copied where css files are)
 and when I put the whole path of the image like

element:before {content:url(D:\image\bullet.jpg);
image is shown properly.

Could you please let me know the solution for writing the relative path , where excactly i need to copy the image?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

This problem with your customization files sounds like something that doesn't really make sense to try fix on the forum.

Please submit separate support cases (one for each issue) to XMetaL Support together with the customization (all files required to reproduce your issue). XMetaL Support can then try to figure out what is coded incorrectly in your CTM and CSS.

Note that the CSS you have written here is correct, so there must be a path issue, or the CSS file is corrupt or something else is going on there. XMetaL Support will be able to tell you once they see your full customization.
pooh2583

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 04:16:11 AM »

Hello,

I can not provide the entire css file for some reasons,but I can assure you taht .css file is error free .

Following is the exact content of my css for the element

element:before {
content:url(D:\image\bullet.jpg);
}
and with the above code image is properly visible in Xml document in Xmetal

but when I copy bullet.jpg where my .xac file is present and write
element:before {
content:url(bullet.jpg);
}
image is not visible instead an X is visible.

Could you please help me with this?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »

The only way to help you at this point would be to reproduce your issue. Please submit a support case with your customization files and a sample XML file to XMetaL Support. If there is a specific location you are deploying files to please provide that information.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:20:59 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Donna111

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:06 PM »

Hi there
I am a beginner in Xmetal.I also want to know that if there is any image processing tool which supports to render image with XMetal.
I need to render some image to pdf files.Thanks for any suggesitons.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: