Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: New install: Can't edit navtitles in dita map entries  (Read 2118 times)
khenry

« on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »

XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 8.0 Service Pack 1

Help! I was running the trial version of XMetal Author Enterprise, downloaded in mid-December (I don't know the version number). Everything was fine.

Purchasing finally came through and we got our license keys. I uninstalled the trial version (I now realize that wasn't necessary) and downloaded and installed the current version a couple days ago. However, my ability to edit dita maps is now limited. I can't change the navtitle. If I choose to Edit Element Properties on a dita map entry, I get a subset of the entries (the pop-up is missing Keyref, Keys, and Navtitle). My co-worker, who didn't do the delete/reinstall but just updated the license info, is not experiencing this problem. Did I screw something up during installation? Thanks.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »

It sounds like you've configured XMetaL Author Enterprise 8 to author to the DITA 1.1 DTDs rather than DITA 1.2.
The setting for this is in Tools > DITA Options on the main tab and is labeled "select default DITA version".

Out of the box it is set to use the DITA 1.2 DTD, so it is a little strange that this would happen without you knowing and maybe the issue is something else.
khenry

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »

That did the trick.

I am new to this employer (and to DITA, for that matter), so I can't claim to understand their environment and what else is going on here, but this is a big step forward. Thanks for your help.

Edited to add that I didn't change that setting myself.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us