Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Object element  (Read 2197 times)
ramu

« on: November 12, 2013, 07:21:30 AM »

Hello.

I am using xmetal 5.1

May i know how object element works.

I mean how to use object element.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »

How you use any particular element depends on the schema (DTD or XSD) you are authoring to and the documented usage (if any) for that element. Please check to see if there is any documentation that comes with your schema, or that is published for your schema (if it is an open standard -- DITA, DocBook, XHTML and many other standards define an "object" element), or contact the creator of the schema for help.

If by chance you are authoring DITA documents using XMetaL Author Enterprise then usage of all other elements and attributes (including the <object> element) is documented in the DITA specifications at OASIS: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/. In XMetaL Author Enterprise when you have a DITA document open you can press Alt+F1 to open help for any DITA element by placing your insertion point inside that element and pressing Alt+F1. The topics for DITA elements and attributes and other portions of the DITA Specification included with XMetaL Author Enterprise are taken directly from the OASIS website from the latest version of the DITA specifications available when your version of XMetaL Author Enterprise was released.

Please note that "XMetaL" is a brand name that applies to the following products:
XMetaL Author Essential
XMetaL Author Enterprise
XMetaL Developer
XMetaL XMAX
ramu

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 06:52:08 AM »

Hi Derek,

I got ur point. i have tried with object element with that help document. I a getting some o/p, but in that o/p, the file which is to be play or animated is not visible.

can  u plz explain the different attributes how to use.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: