Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: header and footer  (Read 3724 times)
ramu

« on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »

hello every one.

I am using xmetal 5.1. My output document has header and footer which contains data which is attached as a picture file to this post.

But how to get this header and footer using xmetal?

* header and footer.jpg (26.69 KB, 645x148 - viewed 508 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »

The answer to this question will depend on which "deliverable" (output type) you are producing from your DITA content.

PS: You may wish to consider updating your version of the software to a supported release. The current version of XMetaL Author Enterprise is 8.0.
ramu

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 01:11:08 AM »

My deliverable type is xmetal enhanced pdf via renderX XEP.

for this type  how can i have a header and footer
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »

You will need to modify the XSLT files that are used to generate output.
This particular deliverable is designed to support "variables" for headers and footers and that might be good enough provided you do not need to change the styling or layout and just wish to alter the text. Please read the help topic "Appendix D: Configuring PDF output" and specifically the sections that deal with headers and footers.
ramu

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:46:58 PM »

hi Derek read.

as i already attached a file to this post previously. My header has an image and text

how can i replicate that image in my output. how can i make modifications in xslt file for this image?

ramu

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »

Hi Derek Read,

please help me in this issue
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »

Designing complex XSLT like this for you is not something I have the time to work on. We have several partners that you could contract this work out to.
ramu

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »

Ok Derek Read. I got you.

just clear my confusion regarding this issue. when i am reading that header and footer customization file, it specified  3 mechanisms. My doubt is if we are changing any attribute or changing anything, whether we have to do it in all 3 mechanisms or any one.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »

What is documented in the help regarding headers and footers only affects the deliverable named "XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP" (there are several deliverables that will generate a PDF). It also only allows you to change the text included in the header or footer. It does not affect layout other than allowing you to change the width of the three columns.

If you want to change text or column widths then you can do it using these "variables", or you can make your own overrides elsewhere in the XSLT. If the layout of the header or footer needs to be changed significantly (adding or removing columns or adding rows, or anything else, including images) then you will need to alter the XSLT significantly and cannot do that using these "variables".
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us