Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Content being left in copied location when undoing a drag in drop (Dita Files)  (Read 2153 times)
ada

« on: October 10, 2013, 07:55:53 AM »

Hello,

I am currently using Xmetal Metal version 6.0.2.070. Xmetal Metal is setup to work with both Dita and Non-dita files at this point (using dtds, ctms, css, mcr, etc). The problem I am having is that when I am in Dita files and I drag some content, lets say a <para></para> tags with text content in between, I am able to drop it to another location. However, when I go to undo the change (cntrl+z) the paragraph will go back to the original location but leave a copy of itself over at the location it was copied to as well. Only once I undo a second time does it remove the content completely from the copied too location. This is only happening in the Dita files. I am aware of the On_Document_After_Droptext and the On_Document_Before_Droptext macros (I am assuming they may be involved?). But I am not sure how I would go about making the right changes so that I can prevent Xmetal from acting as if the drag and drop are two steps instead of one. When I undo a drag and drop I and others expect the content to go back to the original location and be completely removed from the location it was dragged too.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more information to be able to assist.

Thanks!
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »

This is a known limitation with the DITA authoring functionality.
gcrews

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »

So I don’t suppose there is any way to change the undo functionality when having changed views either? This is particularly annoying when you make a change in normal view, switch to preview view, and then switch back to normal view. When you undo, you would expect it just to undo the changes you initially did, not switch back to preview.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »

gcrews: Switching views has always been an undoable action and it's unlikely we would want to change that. Customizations can do things during view switches (things we cannot predict) and I think if we were to change that functionality it is likely to break client customizations.
ada

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »

So you are saying there is nothing that can be done to prevent this from happening? This is a problem because people will assume that the content has been removed from the second location by using the undo function. Anything being done to try to correct the issue?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

Yes, it is on our list of issues.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us