Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetal Author - shortcut to move to next map in Resource Manager pane ?  (Read 1659 times)
msemp

« on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

I'm working with XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 6.0 Service Pack 1. Windows 7 Enterprise.

When viewing topics, it's easy to use the shortcut ctrl+right arrow (and ctrl+left arrow) to move between topics. But I haven't found an equivalent shortcut, or even menu sequence (which I could possibly automate with a macro), to move between maps/submaps in the Resource Manager. Is there one?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

The Resource Manager supports Ctrl+Tab, provided focus is not inside a control in a tab that is "eating" that key combination. I think most of the time it is eaten for DITA maps because the Map Editor is actually code running in Internet Explorer. You can get it working if you click on a tab first, then use that key combo. I understand this is not what you are looking for.

I think there is a defect report filed for this already. The fact that the issue remains in version 8.0 means it has either been considered low priority or it is just too difficult to address.
msemp

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »

Excellent! Yes, I need to click a tab before using the Ctrl+Tab sequence; otherwise the Ctrl+Tab ends up demoting the currently selected topic. But clicking a tab is pretty simple :-), and then I can easily cycle through my open maps, just as I was wishing. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:46:02 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us