Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: WebHelp output using Command-Line tool arguments  (Read 2206 times)
fernandoh01

« on: July 03, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »

XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 7.0
Version#: 7.0.0.111
DITA version: 1.5.4 XM

Hi,

I'm trying to generate an WebHelp output (html with index and search) using command line tool.
   According to documentation, there is no WebHelp option. The similar option is 'xhtml'.
   If I generate xhtml (command-line: java -jar lib/dost.jar /i:samplesdoc/mainIndex.ditamap /outdir:out /transtype:xhtml), we just have a index.html with toc that are linked with others html. I want to know if there is some option, for 'dost.jar' usage, that allow to generate identical of WebHelp.

Remarks
 - I already tested with webhelp option but an issue occurs.

Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »

The DITA OT project doesn't document how to use our webhelp plugin because it isn't part of the DITA OT.

I think what you should do is study the following file and see if you can translate the commands we call and use them with your process instead:
C:\Program Files\XMetaL 7.0\Author\DITA\XACs\shared\renditions\print_dita15.xml
C:\Program Files (x86)\XMetaL 7.0\Author\DITA\XACs\shared\renditions\print_dita15.xml

In that file search for the section that starts with <config_title>DITA15 WebHelp</config_title> then look at the section that starts with <bat_title>BAT file instructions</bat_title>.
fernandoh01

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:04:12 AM »

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your feedback.
 I saw the mentioned file and there is all logic for setup and ant usage to generate the WebHelp output.
 For my needs, I think that it's just necessary to find out where the generated BAT file is stored on HD and I can use it several times. I guess that it's stored temporarily at some user temp folder, don't? In BAT file I found out the variable 'cmd_preserve_temp_files'. Does it can help us? Probably there is some way to keep all temp generated contents.
  Do you know some fast way to find the generated BAT file? 
  Best Regards,

Fernando.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »

Have a look in here:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\XMetaL\renditions\log\

You can set the value for that parameter in Tools > Configure Output > Advanced (tab) in the Other output parameters box:
cmd_preserve_temp_files  =  yes
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: