Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: “&” character in navtitle issue  (Read 2074 times)
gcrews

« on: May 13, 2013, 12:12:48 PM »

XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 7.0
Version#: 7.0.0.111

I think I found an issue in the map editor when using “&” in navtitles to file references.

DITA 1.1 Mode
         When I insert a file reference and then then specify the navtitle attribute with the “&” character and close File Reference Properties dialog, Xmetal encodes the “&” character like this navtitle="Test & Test". Double escaping the “&” causing “&” to be produced in output.

DITA 1.2 Mode
         When I insert a file reference and then then specify the navtitle element text with the “&” character and close File Reference Properties dialog, Xmetal gives me a script error.

PS: Xmetal really doesn’t seem to like it when you switch between DITA modes without restarting the probably. It should probably require that you restart the program.

* 5-13-2013 11-09-03 AM.gif (5.17 KB, 398x166 - viewed 371 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »

I can reproduce this. Nobody has reported this to XMetaL Support yet, so I'll log the defect based on this information.

Only happens when working in the map editor as far as I can tell, not with the map open in "XML view of map" (Tags On view or Normal view) so that would be my recommended workaround.
gcrews

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »

Looks like the “<” and “>” characters cause more xml issues. If you have &lt; anywhere in a topic title, anything after it and before a &gt; doesn’t show in the map editor or xml map view.

XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 7.0
Version#: 7.0.0.111
DITA 1.1 Mode
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: