Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: MathFlow - Cannot insert math element at the current location  (Read 2766 times)
QuadricRiddler

« on: April 22, 2013, 04:38:56 AM »

I have created and saved a DITA file of type Math Topic, for now without equations.
When in an plain p-element in the body, i select Insert Equation from MathFlow pulldown menu.
As a result i get a Warning dialog: "Cannot insert math element at the current location".

I did open the xmetal sample\journalist file, and am able to insert and edit an equation in a Para-element there. So licensing and capability of mathflow/xmetal is okay.

What is wrong here?  Other locations give same result.
I verified the reference in DITA_OT\catalog_dita.xml of public reference to DITA_OT\dita_mathml\dita_mathml.dtd.
I assume a DTD-issue is prohibiting things.

No help found on errormessage through Google or DESSCI, or MathFlow documentation. :-)

Anyone having a suggestion?

XMetal 6.0.1.030, MathFlow for XMetal 1.9b, Windows XP-32b

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:45:34 AM by QuadricRiddler » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:21:09 AM »

Did you contact Design Science support?
http://www.dessci.com/en/support/

They are usually very good at supporting the custom code that is used to drive their integrations with XMetaL Author.
QuadricRiddler

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »

Answer from DESSCI:
- First insert <equation>(or <inlineequation>) element from Element List;
- Position cursor in that element;
- Then select menu item: MathFlow > Insert Equation (or Ctrl-Alt-Q);
- Equation editor opens;
- Press OK to save and render formula.

Placing the equation element yourself isn't obvious, at first.

Issue closed.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »

Seems to me the insertion of that additional element might be (at least semi-) automated.

It probably isn't because you have a choice. However, an additional dialog could be displayed at the start, or a checkbox could be added, or the one Insert Equation option could be replaced by two options for Insert Equation and Insert Inline Equation.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: