Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: Regression to bug fix for codeblocks in table cells?  (Read 2993 times)
jlm05

« on: March 14, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »

Hi,

Several months ago, we had reported an issue with line breaks in codeblocks being ignored when the codeblock was in a table cell.

TopLeaf discovered that it was a bug in their code, and in late June provided version 7.6.28, which fixed the problem. This is the version I have on my machine, and that I use to generate PDFs.

We had a couple of writers start more recently, and the version of the TopLeaf generator they are getting when they go to the TopLeaf site is 7.6.32. With this version, when they generate PDFs, they are seeing the codeblock issue again. For codeblocks in tables, line breaks are ignored.

I tried to give them my 7.6.28 installer, but they are being prompted for a license key, which I would think they shouldn't need, if they are just generating PDFs.

Has there been a regression that reintroduced the codeblock bug? Is there a way for them to have 7.6.28 installed without a license key, since that version works correctly?

Thanks,

Janice
gjn2066

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 10:18:41 PM »

Hi Janice,

I'll look into this and get back to you. I'm puzzled that (a) it asked for a license key and (b) that it needed one to run stylesheets made on your own licensed system. AFAIK there are no major changes between 7.6.028 amd 032 which could account for this.

Are they running via XMetaL, or the TopLeaf GUI, or with your custom scripts?

Geoff
jlm05

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »

We don't really have custom scripts, just the build process triggering the regular XMetaL/TopLeaf generation.

For the two writers who are running into this issue, it happens whether they run from XMetaL or call the doc build process from their local machine.

The machine that runs the nightly builds has the same version I do, and the output does not have the problem.

Janice
gjn2066

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »

Do you still have the 7.6.028 installer, if not I could send you one. Suggest you install that version on one of the machines with the problem and see if that fixes it. If so then the problem is at our end and will be sorted.

The other thing to check is that the mappings.tlx files are exactly the same on the two sets of machines.

Geoff

PS: Who responded to your original problem? I can raise it directly with them. [Or if it was me, then I can give myself a good talking to!]
jlm05

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 06:32:32 AM »

Hi Geoff,

I do have the 7.6.028 installer, but when the writer tried to use it he was prompted for a license key. Can he just click through without providing one if he's just generating PDFs using stylesheets I created from a fully licensed TopLeaf?

We had originally found the issue in version 6 of the plugin. Tony had responded and indicated that the problem was a bug in TopLeaf that also affected version 7.

After he let us know that the fix was completed for 7, we installed that version (7.6.028), and did not have the problem.

Janice
gjn2066

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:53 AM »

OK Janice,

These events indicate an external underlying problem, as I do not believe any changes in 028 were reversed in 032, but I will reconfirm this.

What is more peculiar is the request for a new license key, as none is required to run an authorized stylesheet. Nor is the key normally requested during installation. Under what conditions is this request received (eg. running TL GUI, using "Generate Output" from within XMetaL).

Can you send me a screenshot of the key request, plus exactly what is happening to trigger it. Also can you open TopLeaf on the machine in question and click Help >> Enter license key from the main menu. Then send me (privately) the key currently displayed. Should either begin "eval" or "tl".

Finally, can you confirm that the mappings.tlx file is the same on your machine and the other. It's just possible that the other machine still has vestiges of Plugin version 6 (which must be uninstalled prior to installing 7, and does use different license codes).

Geoff

PS: There is a new version 8.10 of the Plugin due next week, which will support XMetaL 6/7/8 and TopLeaf stylesheets from v7 onwards (v6 stylesheets need to be upgraded manually, but you've already done that). Do not install the current 8.02, which has caused problems for some v7 users.

jlm05

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »

I'm waiting for the writer to confirm, but my understanding is that he was prompted for the license key when he tried to install the plugin using the 7.2.068 installer.

I'll email you the keys when I receive them.

I did send them a copy of a mappings.tlx file from a stylesheet on my machine, although because the writers replace the stylesheets wholesale when they're updated, I can't imagine they wouldn't be the same. Also, neither writer had TopLeaf installed before - they were both new to the team with new laptops, so they never had the previous version.

Janice
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: