Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Images (.png) in tags on view shows up as red box with X  (Read 2440 times)
pmichael

« on: December 10, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »

Hi, everyone!

The images I have in the tags on view only show up as a red box with a big X in them. My coworkers' images, however, show up as the actual image. We are all working with PNG image files and the "show inline images" tab in the view menu under options is selected (although my images are all set to block). Can anyone tell me how to get my images to show as actual images in the tags on view? Thanks. (I'm using XMetal 4.6.10.028)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:36:56 PM by pmichael » Logged
mag3737
XMetaL Evangelist
Administrator

I even use XMetaL to write my business letters.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »

Some questions to help solve the problem:

Are you linking to the same images that your co-workers are, or different ones?

What is the @href attribute of (one of) the broken images? (Or, if you are not using DITA, whichever attribute is the one that signifies the location of the image source file.)

If it's a relative path, are you able to confirm that the image is indeed present in the directory that is referenced, relative to your XML file?

If it's a full path, try copying the pathname and loading it into a web browser (by pasting it into the URL bar). Does the image load in the browser?

Tom Magliery
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
ramu

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:38:29 AM »

hello

I having the same issue what Mr. pmichael is facing.

But a bit different environment. When i use native x-metal everything working fine. But whenever the xml file is imported into Teamcenter cms(content management)module, and edited that document(my document has some image) back using x-metal, in the image place it is  showing cross symbol with red background.

can any one please help in this issue

thanks in advance
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »

As a CMS system is involved, and the issue only occurs when you are interacting with the CMS, I think we can safely assume it is the CMS or the CMS integration introducing the problem.

The maker of the CMS integration will be able to tell you exactly how their integration with XMetaL Author Enterprise is installed and configured, and how it should function. Your best bet would be to contact Siemens technical support for help with this issue.

The two most likely problems that would cause this:

1. The path to the image is not specified correctly.
2. The image is not being placed in the correct location by the CMS system. For CMS systems that store images in the CMS the CMS integration generally needs to place a copy of the image on your local machine when the XML file "checked out" (copied from the CMS to your local machine). In some cases the path to the image also needs to be adjusted by the CMS integration (most CMS systems have created their own image referencing mechanism that might simply be an id that only the CMS itself would understand, or that might include more information but that does not equate 1:1 to a standard file path). These things are generally done automatically by the CMS integration so that all you ever need to deal with is a standard "browse for image" dialog.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:30:47 PM by Derek Read » Logged
barbwire

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:33:59 PM »

hello

I having the same issue what Mr. pmichael is facing.

But a bit different environment. When i use native x-metal everything working fine. But whenever the xml file is imported into Teamcenter cms(content management)module, and edited that document(my document has some image) back using x-metal, in the image place it is  showing cross symbol with red background.

can any one please help in this issue

thanks in advance
You should consult your Teamcenter administrator/consult. The root cause is most likely graphic-path PI in your document or that graphic is not downloaded from the Teamcenter to your machine, when you edit the document or something else, but I'm not going to guess here. Consult you administrator.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:36:07 PM by barbwire » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: