Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: DITA Specialization not recognized  (Read 2926 times)
mjkhan

« on: October 19, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

I have created new content type using DITA specialization extending dita map. I have followed all the rules for creating specialization as descributed in various tutorials (creating mod and integrated dtd etc.). I can open the xml document based on the new dtd in XMetal and everything works fine (customizations macros etc.) but somehow the document is not recognized as map document. I do not see the Reuse menu on menu bar. This is the first time I have created specialization from scratch so not sure what I have missed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am using XMetal Enterprise 6 SP1 Author and Developer.

Thanks
Mahmood
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

Probably best to submit a support case to XMetaL Support, including everything needed (all files from your specialized DTD).
mjkhan

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

Hi Derek,
I was creating simple dtd version to submit with the support and observed something. I created mod and dtd (similar to our content model but less complex) without using XMetal developer and when I opened sample xml file in XMetal it somehow created new folder with supporting documents for this dtd under Author\DITA\XACs folder. Now the Reuse appears. Not sure how it happened. If I use the dtd in XMetal developer with customizations then nothing is created under XACs folder (which is I guess expected) but somehow the Reuse menu does not appear. I also think the document is actually being recognized as DITA document its just that Reuse is not shown.

How does the XMetal know to create the custom folder with supporting file under the XACs folder? My final goal is to integrate this dtd with Documentum CMS system. I am taking baby steps to make sure things are looking fine before integration. Please let me know if you still like me to open support ticket.

Thanks.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »

There is no code in XMetaL Developer that knows anything about DITA, or the DITA customization (functionality), so what you see could not have been done by XMetaL Developer.

The folder and supporting files you are discussing are created when you run XMetaL Author Enterprise and select (from inside that product) Tools > Select Specialized DITA DTD. This is outlined in the help under Working with DITA > DITA Specializations > Customizing XMetaL.

XMetaL Developer isn't really useful for DITA. It is meant for creating customizations for other DTDs.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:17:32 PM by Derek Read » Logged
barbwire

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »

Well, when I made specializations (DITA) I always have to remove the .rlx files. After removal, XMetal Author works with new specializations. I don't know, is this the case here, but had to say it, if it helps someone.

This is the thread were I was wondering this problem: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,2068.0.html.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us