Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: Problem with other versions of images being "cached" in PDFs  (Read 2568 times)
jlm05

« on: September 19, 2012, 07:10:46 AM »

When generating PDFs locally, I'm running into an issue where the image shown in the PDF is sometimes not the actual image.

It's either an earlier version of the image, or a version from a different version of the book, but that has the same file name.

The image URLs are relative, so it is linking to the correct image in the correct directory, and when editing in XMetaL and generating WebHelp the correct version of the image is displayed. The PDF from our automated build process also displays correctly.

I've tried clearing out the generated files from the TopLeaf stylesheet (ProgramData/TopLeaf) and then regenerating, but it is still holding on to the other version of the images.

Is there some other place where TopLeaf would be getting the old or different image?

Thanks,

Janice
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:01:58 PM »

The only time TopLeaf caches image files is when it has to do on-the-fly conversions, such as EPS to PDF. It uses the full path to the image as well as the modification time to decide whether a cached image is up to date, so it should re-convert files that have been changed. You could try removing the "tmpgraphics" folder and see if that makes a difference.
jlm05

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 05:59:44 AM »

The tmpgraphics directory was one of the directories I removed when I cleared out the generated files in the stylesheet.

The directory was always empty, however, so that didn't make a difference.

It looks like if I run our build process locally instead of using the XMetaL generate output option that it works correctly. If I use the XMetaL generate output option, then the issue can occur.

The issue is difficult to pin down, as it doesn't happen consistently. It does seem to be an issue with guides that have the same file names and use the same stylesheet, but are from different branch directories. I haven't specifically tried using the same stylesheet to generate another guide in between to see if that clears out the images.
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »

All I can think of is that the way the OT moves files around is causing a problem. What type of images are affected (PNG, SVG, etc.)?

If you can create a reproducible example, please send it to support@turnkey.com.au.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us