Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: Cannot get Glossary title to display on the page  (Read 3434 times)
jlm05

« on: August 17, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »

We want to start including a glossary in individual guides, and I'm experimenting with the stylesheet updates to allow for this.

The glossaries are added to the backmatter of the book map file:

<backmatter>
    <booklists>
      <glossarylist>
        <topicref format="dita" href="src/glossary.xml" navtitle="Glossary" scope="local" type="glossentry">
        </topicref>
      </glossarylist>
      <indexlist/>
    </booklists>
  </backmatter>

The glossary itself is a multi-entry glossary topic:

<topic id="topic_2F467F3035754D3F812069639847C67C">
  <title> Glossary</title>
  <glossentry id="glossentry_3D43FD8FDECF45CE994136809DEF7B85">
    <glossterm>Item 1</glossterm>
    <glossdef>Definition 1</glossdef>
  </glossentry>
  <glossentry id="glossentry_E115ACB7726D44A495AD18D92C1D42B6">
    <glossterm>Item 2</glossterm>
    <glossdef>Definition 2.</glossdef>
  </glossentry>
</topic>

I've updated the glossarylist tag to set up the bookmark for the glossary (using the L-Glossary variable), and added the glossentry, glossterm, and glossdef tags. I've also added a %GlossaryTitle custom tag, and also tried adding a glossarylist//title tag.

When I generate the PDF, the Glossary bookmark displays, and links to the page with the glossary terms, but I can't get the Glossary title to display on the PDF page or in the TOC.

I know I must be missing something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Janice
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »

My guess is that you have a higher-precedence mapping that is preventing the glossarylist//title mapping from being called. The debug output should tell you what's going on.
jlm05

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:14:36 AM »

I was able to get it to work shortly after I made the original post by removing the additional topicref and having the glossary file be a direct href property of the glossarylist element.

Couldn't reply before now because of the annoying/bogus "the last post was less than 120 seconds ago" error.

Thanks,

Janice
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: