Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Conref'ed elements within topic titles do not appear in the ToC  (Read 3380 times)
Scibert

« on: August 15, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »

I started centralizing keywords into a reusable content file. However, I found that conref'ed keywords within topic titles unfortunately do not appear in the WebHelp table of contents. Is there an easy way to fix this?

I'm using XMetaL 7 on Windows 7.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »

Can you post a sample so we're sure we're looking at the same thing?
Scibert

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »

Hi Derek,

The attached sample contains 3 files: a ditamap, a topic, and a reusable component. If you generate WebHelp from the ditamap, you'll notice that the ToC contains one topic called "The Movie". However, you'll also notice that the topic's actual title is "The Spiderman Movie". The conref'ed "Spiderman" keyword is omitted from the ToC.

* sample.zip (1.25 KB - downloaded 227 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »

I can reproduce this. So (perhaps obvious) the code we've written to extract titles for the ToC is not smart enough to be able to follow and extract this information. This is our code (we're not relying on the DITA OT for this stuff).

I'll have to pass this over to dev to see if they can do something about this. I don't think the fix will be trivial (ie: not something I would try to work around myself) but if they can come up with a one or two file fix I may be able to send it along.
Scibert

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:01:01 PM »

Thanks, Derek. Please keep me posted.
kenfesta

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »

+1

I'm watching this topic, so will look for any updates...(in the meantime, removing these elements from my titles)
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: