Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: WebHelp: Content area restricted when generating from one specific map  (Read 2656 times)
jlm05

« on: July 06, 2012, 06:17:54 AM »

All of our online maps are created from the same template and use all of the same settings to generate WebHelp.

However, for one specific online map, when I generate the WebHelp, the height of the content area is restricted to about one third the available height in the browser. I can expand the the contents to the full browser height, but the content area height remains restricted.

I cannot find anything in the online map or the initial topic that would restrict the height of the output.

As a (possibly unrelated) side note, the index also won't display in the output for this map, where it does for all of the other maps.

Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks,

Janice
jlm05

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »

The log file for this particular book ends with the following:

[genwebhelp-param] Error </log_line><log_line>
[genwebhelp-param]   SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: Premature end of file.</log_line><log_line>
</log_line><log_line>
BUILD FAILED</log_line><log_line>
C:\Users\JMANWI~1\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\build.xml:486: The following error occurred while executing this line:</log_line><log_line>
C:\Users\JMANWI~1\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\demo\webhelp\build.xml:70: The following error occurred while executing this line:</log_line><log_line>
C:\Users\JMANWI~1\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\demo\webhelp\build.xml:79: The following error occurred while executing this line:</log_line><log_line>
C:\Users\JMANWI~1\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\demo\webhelp\build.xml:163: Webhelp index file build error</log_line><log_line>
</log_line><log_line>

I've gone through all of the source files, but can't figure out what it is choking on.

Janice
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:11:54 PM »

Best to submit this as a support case to XMetaL Support and include all the files. Let them know which version of XMetaL Author Enterprise you are running (see Help > About XMetaL Author Enterprise... for the full version number).

Alternatively (which is what XMetaL Support will end up doing anyway) do the following:
1) Open your map in Tags On view (aka: "XML View of Map")
2) Repeat:
  a) Remove 1/2 the <topicref> elements in the map (this is why Tags On is best as you can select many topicrefs at once).
  b) Generate output.
  c) If the output has the issue then the 1/2 you left in is triggering the issue. Cut that 1/2 in 1/2 and repeat. Otherwise, restore the 1/2 you cut out and then cut it in half. Note: You can restore topicref elements you removed (even after save) using Undo in Tags On view.

Once you narrow this down to a specific topic (assuming that is the trigger) you can concentrate on trying to find out what is unique about it.
Note that if you submit this to XMetaL Support they will be performing testing with an unmodified copy of the DITA OT (as installed with XMetaL Author Enterprise).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:24:02 PM by Derek Read » Logged
jlm05

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

Thanks, Derek.

I was able to use this method to track down the issue to a duplicate "see" index entry. Or at least deleting the second instance of the index entry fixed the problem.

Janice
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us