Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Configuring tags-on view  (Read 3066 times)
keberlein

« on: September 24, 2011, 09:19:31 AM »

Product: XMetal Author Enterprise, Version#: 6.0.1.030

How can I configure the tags-on view so that <indexterm> elements are displayed as block-level elements?

Kristen James Eberlein
SDL Structured Content Technologies
gcrews

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »

I think you would have to modify/customize/override the CSS. I tried changing the display to block on [class~="topic/indexterm"] but didn’t have any luck
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

For each topic type (task, topic, etc) that you wish to change add a CSS override setting to the corresponding CSS file for that type.

For "task" the file is here (and for others the file is in a folder at the same level that has a name corresponding to the DTD name):

<XMetaL Install Path>\Author\DITA\XACs\task\task_ditabase-specialized.css

[class~="topic/indexterm"] {
   display: block;
}

Depending on where your <indexterm> elements are located you may also need to make a change to this (more specific) CSS setting:

[class~="topic/keywords"] [class~="topic/indexterm"] {
   display: inline;
}

If you need to make this styling change for all topic types it may be easier to modify the main CSS file. That is located here:
<XMetaL Install Path>\Author\DITA\XACs\shared\ditabase-base.css

Look for the following and make the change to "block" from "inline" there:

/* indexterm {*/
[class~="topic/indexterm"] {
   display: inline;
   color: #AAAAAA;
}

Other settings related to <indexterm> also appear nearby in the same file, the other "<indexterm> when a child of <keywords>" selector () is located a few selectors below that one (ie: [class~="topic/keywords"] [class~="topic/indexterm"]).

Note that this will work for 6.0.1.030 and 6.0.2.070 but we may change the way the CSS files are configured in future releases.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:05:19 PM by Derek Read » Logged
keberlein

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »

Hi, Derek.

In the 6.x releases, what is the distinction between the X_derived_override.css and the X_base_override.css files?

Best,

Kristen James Eberlein
Eberlein Consulting
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »

There really isn't any difference except that one is loaded after the other.
Standard CSS cascading rules apply, so when a selector only as specific as another matching selector the one loaded last "wins".

Personally, I think the developers overdid it a little bit with the design in this case, probably thinking that it would be good for people to keep these things separated for some reason I can't quite figure out (ie: in hindsight there probably is no really good reason).

CSS files are loaded the order defined in C:\Program Files\XMetaL 6.0\Author\DITA\XACs\<dita doctype name>\<dita doctype name>_ditabase.css
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us