Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Errors when generating PDF output  (Read 2437 times)
cdybdahl

« on: May 25, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »

Using XMetaL Author Enterprise 6 SP1, recently installed, with a fresh deployment of DITA-OT. There are some customizations of my own that only cause problems for this specific map.

I get the following errors when generating output using the "Book via RenderX" output option. These are the only errors in the log, and the map publishes fine using other output targets (and without my customizations).

I cannot find any reference to these specific errors anywhere online (even in the RenderX documentation), the content contains no references to .svg images, and I'm not sure why HTML would be involved at all.

It seems like the problem is some combination of the (fairly large) map and my customization to the PDF transform, but I'm at a bit of a loss. If anyone has seen these errors before and could nudge me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

[java] [error] Invalid option name in the configuration file: STAMP_PNG
[java] [error] Invalid format name for generator options: 'SVG'
[java] [error] Invalid format name for generator options: 'HTML'
[java] [error] Invalid format name for generator options: 'PPML'
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

Very strange.

Your best hope might be at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/

If you are running Book via RenderX that's the PDF2 transtype (Idiom plug-in) and your DITA OT version is 1.4.2.1 (to give a level ground when discussing with users there).
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »

I found something here, on page 93, so it looks like the error is coming from XEP:
http://www.renderx.com/files/reference.pdf

E Invalid format name for generator options: <backend>.

There is no more guidance from what I can tell. But at least you know it is coming from XEP, which suggests there's something in your FO that XEP doesn't like. Not much help, but perhaps it points you in the right direction.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: