Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Configure Key Space Association  (Read 6648 times)
Scibert

« on: May 18, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »

In XMetaL 7.0 Author Enterprise, the Configure Key Space Association dialog appears whenever a file is opened outside the Map Editor. Is there a way to prevent this (annoying) behavior?

* Configure Key Space Association.png (25.14 KB, 658x245 - viewed 459 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »

You have two options:

1. Uncheck the checkbox marked "Prompt if the document is not associated with a key space when refreshing references" in Tools > DITA Options on the tab named Update Content.

2. If you do not need to author to the DITA 1.2 standards you can configure the product to author to the DITA 1.1 DTDs. This will cause it to use the old dialogs and functionality from XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 (they do not have support for key space or other new DITA 1.2 features). The option is in Tools > DITA Options on the General tab and is called "Select Default DITA Version". Set the value to "1.1".
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:46:06 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Scibert

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »

Hi Derek,

Thanks! Both of these solutions work.

Cheers
August

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 08:34:34 PM »

I would never have been able to discover this checkbox if it were not for this post. In my version of XMetal, the text for the checkbox is not readable.

I'm running XMetaL(R) Author Enterprise 8.0 Service Pack 1. When I go to Tools > DITA Options >Update Content, I see the checkbox labled (sic):
[ ] when refreshing references.Prompt if the document is not asso

That's it, verbatim. The text is cut off and I cannot figure out how to resize the subwindow of the dialog. The text also looks like it was never proofread by anyone who writes grammatical English: unlike every other checkbox in the dialog, it does not start with a capital letter, there is no space between the period and the following sentence, and the initial clause is not a complete sentence so a period and a capital letter are incorrect as well.

Sloppy text like that makes me think I'm using a Beta version, not a Service Pack 1 version. If it's a Beta, I can understand the text not fitting in the window and being sloppily written as well. But it's not a Beta.

IS THERE ANY TRICK for resizing the subwindow of this dialog so that the whole text for the checkbox can be read? I would never have been able to discover the meaning of this checkbox if it were not for this post that gives the whole text.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »

@August:

There is no 8.0 SP1 'beta' so that isn't your issue. It sounds to me like the text controls in the dialog containing that text are somehow being drawn in the wrong position. Why there might be two controls for one piece of text I'm not sure, but that's what it sounds like.

"when refreshing references.Prompt if the document is not asso"
vs
"Prompt if the document is not associated with a key space when refreshing references"

I am unable to reproduce this issue here with 8.0 SP1 or 9.0 and I'm not sure what would trigger that.
barbwire

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 12:34:36 AM »

I have same kind of problems. I attached example picture.

* xmetal-example.jpg (193.47 KB, 1129x520 - viewed 363 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »

This looks like a font issue that development was looking into fixing for version 9.

I have never seen it on any of my machines but I suspect it is because this form asks for a specific font that isn't there (in your case) and the substitute that Windows chooses is too big or bold or something similar. Or the form was coded to allow Windows to select its default font, but that default font is different on these machines either because our Windows installations include extra fonts that Windows decides to use, or clients that see this have setups that include fewer (than the Windows default fonts) resulting in the same behavior.

If anyone sees this issue with version 9 that would be good to know.
barbwire

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 01:21:56 AM »

This looks like a font issue that development was looking into fixing for version 9.

If anyone sees this issue with version 9 that would be good to know.
Derek, that screenshot was from version 9. :) Version 9.0.0.024 to be exact. :)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 02:24:33 PM »

OK, well I guess whatever they tried didn't fix this particular issue.

Can you provide a list of the fonts (a directory listing of file names from C:\Windows\Fonts) installed on your machine?

Here is the content of a .bat file that should write a txt file into your per-user TEMP folder:

Code: (.bat file to write out list of font files)
c:
cd C:\Windows\Fonts
dir *.* > %temp%\fontlist.txt
pause

To get to that folder after you run the batch file you can enter %TEMP% into the Windows Explorer address bar.
If you want to write elsewhere just change the path in line 3.

Then export the Fonts registry key and send the text content as well. It think that key is usually (always?) here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

If you don't want to post that information here please submit a support case.
Hopefully this will give us a clue when I compare it to a working system here. That assumes my guess is correct.
barbwire

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 01:58:10 AM »

Attached.

* fonts.zip (9.16 KB - downloaded 152 times.)
ToeBar

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 06:02:33 AM »

Attached. Oh yeah and here's my review of Phen375.

Thanks for the fonts barbwire. Just what I needed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:22:01 AM by ToeBar » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: