Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: error message when using a DITA_OT plugin  (Read 2859 times)
nlpharrison

« on: April 19, 2012, 11:18:48 PM »

Hi,

[still using XMetaL 6.0]

I've created a plugin to get some custom HTML-based output. I installed it, and ran 'ant -f integrator.xml' which ran successfully and automatically updated the main build file to include my custom targets; I'd created a new transtype called 'micronxhtml'.   I configured the output to look for that transtype.

Then I ran my ditamap against that output configuration, and it failed.  The error confuses me: it says:

Buildfile: C:\DOCUME~1\Nancy\APPLIC~1\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\build.xml

Processing ended.

BUILD FAILED
C:\DOCUME~1\Nancy\APPLIC~1\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\build.xml:232: Cannot find file:\C:\DOCUME~1\Nancy\APPLIC~1\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\plugins\micron_xhtml_web\build_transtype-micronxhtml.xml imported from C:\DOCUME~1\Nancy\APPLIC~1\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\build.xml

But I checked, and the file it says it can't find is definitely there, in the right directory, and not empty.  So I can't figure out why it can't find it.  

Any clues on this?  I can send the plugin and updated build files, if that will help.

Thanks,
Nancy
nlpharrison

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

Hi,

This is on XMetal 6.0, which I can't move from until my clients do.

This problem never went away; no one ever responded to it, and I just worked around it.  But now I'm trying to fix something else, and it's coming up again, so I really need to understand and fix it.

Regards,
Nancy
severin.foreman

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:18 PM »

Hi Nancy,

Based on your description of the problem, no obvious solution comes to mind. Have you tried running the integrator from your local copy of the OT or deleting the DITA_OT folder in %APPDATA% and letting XMetaL rebuild it?

Best,
Severin
nlpharrison

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »

Hi Severin,

Yes, I've tried both of those things; no dice.  The ditamap and topics open up in XMetal, so it's finding them, and validating them against the correct DTDs, but it's just not finding a file that's definitely in the location where it's looking.   Can you suggest any debugging stuf I might put into build.xml to figure it out?

Nancy
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: