Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: Large space added in front of choicetable  (Read 2717 times)
jlm05

« on: April 18, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »

In the TopLeaf output, there is a large space added in front of choicetables (see the attached images).

I don't see any reason for this extra space. choicetables just inherit the current table style, and I'm not seeing the extra space in front of other tables.

There also is no extra space added after cmd tags.

Also attached is the XML of the topic used to generate the example, and the excerpt from the log file where the choicetable is inserted.

* choicetable_space_issue.png (22.24 KB, 750x366 - viewed 431 times.)
* test_task_xml.pdf (8.29 KB - downloaded 323 times.)
* choicetable_TopLeaf_log.pdf (21.66 KB - downloaded 360 times.)
gjn2066

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »

I ran the attached XML on a default stylesheet and no extra space was generated. This probably (but not certainly) means the space is related to one of your mappings. If you can send me your stylesheet (contents of the folder containing mapman.def but excluding subfolders), I'll run your sample against that.

Geoff
gjn2066

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:44 PM »

Ran against the supplied stylesheet. Your chhead mapping specifies a 4.5pc vertical space.
jlm05

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:36:13 AM »

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to look at the space below setting for the heading row.... but it worked!
gjn2066

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »

Because the choicetable fits neither the CALS nor HTML table models, it is implemented as a custom table. This means that the element mappings simply grab their content and store them with internal table wrappers. At the end of the choicetable all the stored table elements are emitted as a single unit.

And because the table is only emitted at the very end, but any vertical space requested by the original elements is processed immediately, the space always appears above the table. For this reason we do not usually have our choicetable elements specify any formatting directly.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us