Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: Guidelines for upgrading from version 6 to version 7 of the plugin  (Read 4926 times)
gjn2066

« on: April 17, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »

Version 7 of the TopLeaf plugin will shortly be released. When that happens, there are some special guidelines for existing version 6 users. Most important is to know that the new plugin utilises the newer DITA Toolkit, so both XMetaL and the plugin have to be the same version (6 or 7).

Current plugin users should upgrade as follows:

• Before you start, you need to download the Plugin installer, and obtain a new (free) v7 license key from JustSystems (make sure you have your v6 key info handy).
  • Upgrade your XMetaL immediately before upgrading the plugin. You'll probably want to clear the local system copy at {USER}\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad beforehand.
  • Uninstall the current plugin and your current TopLeaf.
  • Remove or rename the default DITAmap stylesheet. On Windows 7 systems this is typically found in:
          C:\ProgramData\TopLeaf\DITAmap
    Since the installation supplies a new default stylesheet, it cannot proceed until the old stylesheet (along with any local modifications) has been either manually removed or saved under a different name.
  • Run the installer (XMTP7.exe).
  • Run TopLeaf directly from the Start menu and enter the new key. If it doesn't open the dialog directly you can use Help > Enter License Keys.

Your existing local stylesheets should continue to work normally, but if you have any difficulty with the upgrade, or notice any changes in your output, please mail a description of the problem to support@turnkey.com.au and we'll get back to you.

Further information, and a link to the installer, is included in the official release note.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:47:59 AM by gjn2066 » Logged
cms

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »

Hi

I just upgraded to XMetaL 7 and TopLeaf 7. However, when I try to generate a TopLeaf PDF, the build fails with the following line:

C:\Users\blahblahblah\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMETAL~1\DITA_OT\build_topleaf.xml:133: Composition failed: error 1136

It looks like the block of code this error refers to has to do with pre-processing.

Any ideas what I should try next? Thanks!
gjn2066

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »

The plugin for XMetaL 7.0 has not yet been released, though it will be in about 10 minutes :-)

Suggest you download the new plugin and re-install following the procedure set out in this thread.
jlm05

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »

I'm not able to find any more information about updating the keys for users who create and maintain stylesheets.

A coworker generated a PDF using the TopLeaf 7 plugin with our existing stylesheets. The stylesheets worked, but the PDF included the watermark.

Once I have the updated key for version 7, do I have to open all of the existing stylesheets so they are "tagged" as being created using a full v7 license, meaning that all of the writers would have to replace their stylesheets even though they haven't really been changed yet?
gjn2066

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »

Several points:

(1) Upgrade for existing v6 users is free. Contact JustSystems for v7 license keys, preferably before you start upgrading. I will ask JS if they wish to address this issue directly.

(2) As you pointed out, the watermarking is a property of the stylesheet, not the system running it. If the stylesheet was created on a fully licensed system, then it should continue to run without watermarking on any TopLeaf Plugin (licensed or not). However, if you change the stylesheet on a basic (unlicensed) system, then you could well see watermarking. Therefore, do not access the stylesheets until you have installed the new keys.

[However, if all you did was upgrade a basic system and try to run a job without touching the stylesheet, then I will need to have a closer look!]

(3) The v7 Plugin can run v6 stylesheets, but the reverse is not true (ie. v6 cannot use v7 stylesheets). In particular, you should NOT have to re-open the stylesheets in v7. They should just work. Get back to me if this is not the case or if the above explanations do not work for you.

Geoff
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:23:42 PM by gjn2066 » Logged
jlm05

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:18:22 AM »

The person who tested the upgrade never touches the stylesheets. I created those stylesheets on a fully licensed TopLeaf system (for XMetal V6).

She only every generates guides using the plugin.

She upgraded XMetal and the TopLeaf plugin, then generated a guide using one of the existing custom stylesheets.

The guide looked OK generally, but had the watermark and also the index was missing completely.

Janice
gjn2066

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:43 AM »

I'll try to duplicate the effect here and get back to you.
gjn2066

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »

OK, we now know what's causing this and a solution will be available shortly.

Apologies for the inconvenience, watch this space.

Geoff
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us