Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: Codeblock text occasionally jutting into left margin  (Read 3903 times)
jlm05

« on: January 19, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »

This seems to happen almost randomly, and fortunately not very frequently. Sometimes in the TopLeaf PDF output, the text of a codeblock will jut into the left margin. See the attached image.

It does seem to be more likely to happen within the context of list of item or task step, but again there is no consistency. The same topic may have multiple codeblocks configured exactly the same way, and all but one will display correctly.

Typically codeblocks are entered as:

<p>Intro text:
<codeblock>code content</codeblock>
</p>

I've experimented with moving the codeblock out of the paragraph for one of the instances, but that didn't have an effect.

For the same instance, I moved the paragraph to a different location, and then it displayed correctly. I moved it back, and the display was incorrect. I added an additional paragraph with a codeblock, thinking it might be because it was the last paragraph, but the new paragraph was fine and the existing one was still wrong.

Any idea what could cause this odd behavior?

* CodeblockText.png (16.21 KB, 543x189 - viewed 458 times.)
gjn2066

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »

Sorry for the late reply. This one sounds really odd! I think I'd need to have a look at the actual stylesheet and source to get to the bottom of it. Any chance of sending me a Zip illustrating the problem?
jlm05

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »

Let me check with my boss. I believe we've sent you material before, but we were just acquired and the rules might have changed.
jlm05

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:08:07 AM »

I tried to send you the source and stylesheets, but the email bounced back. Not sure if the problem is on your end or mine.

Janice
gjn2066

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »

Either gjn2066@gmail.com or gjn@turnkey.com.au should be OK. Try again with the other one, and make sure your attachments aren't >5MB.
jlm05

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:03:58 AM »

I have sent you two emails - one with the stylesheet, and another with the source files.

The email also refers to a couple of other issues I posted that you have responded to.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:26:20 AM by jlm05 » Logged
gjn2066

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »

OK, I have the answer!

The cause: an internal flag is not being properly saved when processing switches between column and header/footer. For continously flowing text this normally occurs about a quarter way down from the top of page, which is why the problem appears differently when the text is changed.

This will be addressed in the XMetaL 7 plugin. But in the meantime, the workaround is to switch off the Breakable box option on the codeblock box style. Since you have selected Bind element content for this mapping, this will have no effect on the output.
jlm05

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:14 AM »

Looks like it works - Thanks so much!

Janice
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: