Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Add color to index page links  (Read 2978 times)
txvia

« on: October 29, 2011, 11:33:58 PM »

Hi, I have another question on index page customizations. I'd like to have my index page links to be in a different color. By default DITA_OT configures the index page links to be black, I want to use a different color code to make these links stand out from their adjacent characters. Is there a way to do it? I tried to change settings in xm_index.xsl and index-attr.xsl, but was not able to get it to work.

I must be clear about what I mean by index page links; index page links are those clickable page numbers on the index page. For example, "body page 14" where "14" is the clickable link and I'd like to color-code it if possible, thanks.
IF

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »

My suggestion was to edit the attribute set __index__page__link but now that I look at it I see that the color is set to blue and yet the output (XMetal Enhanced PDF via Render XEP) is black regardless of what color is specified for the attribute.

<xsl:attribute-set name="__index__page__link">
        <xsl:attribute name="color">blue</xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="font-size">10pt</xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="link-back">true</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:attribute-set>

What is odd to me is that the topic.fo file seems to display the correct color information and yet the output is black, for example:
<fo:index-page-citation-list><fo:index-key-reference color="blue" font-size="10pt" link-back="true" ref-index-key="views:change:"/></fo:index-page-citation-list>
txvia

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:04:09 PM »

Thanks for the reply, that was exactly what I've modified, and it turned out to be black even when the value says blue. I believe this may very well be a bug in DITA OT.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:15:14 PM by txvia » Logged
txvia

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »

Move this up and see if anyone has a solution for this, thanks.
IF

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »

Explanation is here
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/25690

and solution is here
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/25707

Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us