Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Remove the word "chapter" from TOC and chapter start page in PDF  (Read 2957 times)
txvia

« on: October 29, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »

Hi, this is really a two-part question:

1) I'd like to know if there is a way to remove the word "chapter" from TOC in PDF? For example, my currently TOC looks like this:

Chapter 1: xxxxx................7
xxxxxxx.............................8
xxxxxxx............................15

Note: Subsequent topic titles are also not indented to align with the chapter title.

Ideally I'd like my TOC to look like this (with subsequent topics indented to align with the chapter title):

1  xxxxxx...........................7
    xxxxxx..........................8
    xxxxxx.........................15

I fiddled with xm_titlepage.xsl and a couple of other xsl files but to no avail.

2) I'd also like to remove the word "Chapter" from the start pages of each chapter. For example, right now my chapter start page looks like this:

Chapter 1

I'd like my new chapter start page to just look like this (without the word Chapter):

Can anyone help?  I am using XmetaL 6.x SP1 licensed version on Windows 7. Thank you.
IF

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »

Have you tried to edit the variables in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMetaL Shared\DITA_OT\demo\xmfo\cfg\common\vars\en_US.xml?

For instance, try removing the word "Chapter" here
<variable id="Chapter with number">Chapter <param ref-name="number"/></variable>

and

<variable id="Table of Contents Chapter">Chapter&#xA0;<param ref-name="number"/>:&#xA0;</variable>
txvia

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reply, I resolved this problem yesterday and my solution is exactly identical to yours. Thanks again.
mistikuss

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:51:01 AM »

Are you serious 
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: