Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: ERROR: 025 - "perl-use: Can't locate DITA.pm"  (Read 2779 times)
Nick V

« on: October 26, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »

My stylesheet customizations are based off of the DITAmap stylesheet included with the 1.0.003 version of the XMetaL TopLeaf plugin. They've been working fine up until yesterday, and now I'm seeing the above error every time I try to run a transform. The DITA.pm file is clearly located under the "Perl" directory of my partition, and I haven't modified the relevant line in the $document mapping. It still contains the following:

<!-- initialize Perl extension routines -->
<perl-use module="DITA"/>

Is there any reason TopLeaf would suddenly fail to locate the specified module?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:49:40 PM by Nick V » Logged
Nick V

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:47:29 AM »

Oddly enough, copying the contents of the broken stylesheet directory to overwrite the contents of a  working stylesheet directory has fixed the issue. Color me confused.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »

Sounds like some kind of file system corruption to me (but in reverse?)
gjn2066

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »

The Perl modules are stored in the DITAmap\Perl folder. DITA.pm is supplied with the distribution to provide functions such as indexterm handling and ID normalization.

If this file has been clobbered, then you will see the sort of error you reported. By copying over another stylesheet, you restored the missing DITA.pm.

Hopefully your color is now downgraded from "confused" to "perplexed".
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:19:01 PM by gjn2066 » Logged
Nick V

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »

The DITA.pm file was actually there when I checked. That's why I was surprised that copying things over fixed it. The file contents appeared the same, as well.

Mostly just noting this for posterity.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us