Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TopLeaf - Tables do not stay within paragraph margin, rows break across pages  (Read 2640 times)
jlm05

« on: September 12, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »

When I generate a PDF, all of the tables start at the far left of the page, instead of keeping the same margin as the previous paragraph. For example, if the prevous paragraph is indented a half inch, then the table also should be indented.

I thought I would be able to set that on the map editor using the table tag, but don't see any settings there that would apply - the paragraph settings are mostly disabled. I did see a Reset Margin checkbox, but it is unchecked and disabled, which would seem to me to indicate that the table would keep the same margins.

Also, I am trying to configure settings so that pages do not break in the middle of a table row. I've tried adding a row element to the map editor with Bind element content checked, but that does not seem to work.

Any idea how to make this happen?
gjn2066

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »

The table tag has a special mapping type for which many values are predefined. In particular you cannot use it to adjust normal paragraph properties.

If you want a table to start at the left margin, you must either:
  • tick the Reset margins box in the Table tab (not the Paragraph tab) [note that this can be done locally or in an inherited table style]
  • reset the margins in an enclosing element.

As for keeping table rows together, this is controlled by the split-rows attribute of the table-properties command (see Mapping Guide sec 11.9.1). Check whether this is being set anywhere (eg. $document Pre-content).

Alternatively, a row will force a split if it is deeper than the page height, though this doesn't sound likely in your case.
jlm05

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:33:20 AM »

Thanks so much for your help - the tables are now displaying within the correct margins. The row breaking turned out to be a problem with binding the element content of a containing tag.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: