Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 SP1  (Read 2749 times)
severin.foreman

« on: July 29, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »

I just read a post about a reltable patch that was addressed in XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 SP1, but I don't see any information about that version of XMetaL on the JustSystems site and I did not see the service pack on the downloads page. Can the XMetaL insiders shed some light?

Best,
Severin
gcrews

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »

http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,1581.0.html :)
JoAnne

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:32:13 AM »

I tried the link and got "the topic was either removed or you don't have access."

Is there no SP for XMetal Enterprise 6.0 or is there another link somewhere?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »

I'm not sure what that link on the forum went to (or who removed it). Upgrades and service packs are not freely downloadable. You must contact our sales team to obtain them.

The reason for this is that our sales people maintain the records on how many seats each client has, whether their maintenance is up to date, contact information, and other things. Once they confirm your company has a current agreement for a particular piece of software they will provide you with an FTP link to updates if you request it.

When you first purchase software from us it comes with one or more PDF documents that describe the agreement, how long your maintenance agreement is for, how many seats you are entitled to install, etc. The sales team also usually sends out information when we release a new version.

I can see how people using the software might not be aware of these things because a purchasing department or accounting person may have made the purchase and so they have the relationship with our sales team and might not pass this information along.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:47:13 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us