Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TopLeaf: Adding margin icon to Note Label  (Read 3226 times)
palmer@dst

« on: July 07, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »

I want to add a graphic in the margin next to Notes. I created a %NoteIcon customer marker, and set the Custom pre-content to <href="note.gif"/> and the Image tab to Look In: {partition-folder} and Assign filename from href. I copied the graphic file into the C:\ProgramData\TopLeaf\DITAmap\Template directory. Then in the %NoteLabel custom marker I added <NoteIcon/> to the pre-content, but the image isn't appearing when I re-compose.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help again!

Robert
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:15:44 PM by Derek Read » Logged

rpalmer
DST Systems, Inc.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »

I think the first place you should start looking to troubleshoot this type of thing is in the TopLeaf log file. You can view the log by selecting (in TopLeaf): View > Composition Log, or by pressing Ctrl+J.

Search for "note" or "gif", etc, to try to figure out what TopLeaf is having trouble with. The "Troubleshooting" section in the TopLeaf Mapping Guide contains information on how to read the log.
palmer@dst

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »

I checked the log prior to posting, but it doesn't indicate why the image doesn't appear. I wasn't sure if my sytanx in the pre-content boxes and in the custom markers was correct or not.

Robert

rpalmer
DST Systems, Inc.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »

If I try settings similar to what you have I see error messages in the log file.

I believe settings similar to those in the screenshots I am attaching are sufficient and in my testing should get you close to what you need. With these settings I see the output pictured in "topleaf_preview.png".

Note that where I have "blah" on the Image tab for the %NoteIcon you must actually enter something (otherwise TopLeaf will complain) although the value does not seem to matter as we are not actually tying to a real attribute (in the content) in this case (the image file name is hard coded).

* topleaf_preview.png (12.18 KB, 519x284 - viewed 511 times.)

* topleaf_settings.png (102.54 KB, 689x1437 - viewed 546 times.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:44:17 PM by Derek Read » Logged
palmer@dst

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »

Excellent - even simpler than my approach.

Much appreciated! Thank you.

rpalmer
DST Systems, Inc.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us