Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Global View in XMetal Author 5.5  (Read 1731 times)
pszwec

« on: June 21, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »

I have a user that cannot see global view. She could for a while but now get this message

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

MY fix for 4.6 doesn't work anymore. Seems temp.xml moved to her profile specific path. I open that file and it looks fine. Any suggestions? We reinstalled XMetal but no luck. It must be permissions somewhere.

Thanks,

Peter
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »

This sounds like error messages possibly originating from some custom code.

In your XMetaL customization, when a user switches to Page Preview (aka: Browser Preview, or what you are calling "global" if I am guessing correctly) do you have custom scripts running that do the transformation, load an XSLT, etc? It really sounds like it. If so you (or more likely the person that wrote the code) would need to debug that.

Note that this view is essentially a window inside XMetaL with an embedded copy of Internet Explorer running in it, so if you need to search the web for information you may try including "ie" or "internet explorer" in your search terms.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:18:19 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us