Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Schematron support?  (Read 1824 times)
Rob Hanna

« on: June 17, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »

Can you tell me if Schematron support is on the product roadmap? Are there any availalbe scripted solutions that will allow us to use standard Schematron markup for rules checking in XMetaL and/or XMAX?

Cheers,
Rob Hanna

Information Architect
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:16:39 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »

There is currently no solution we can provide for this and there are no plans to add anything in the near future.

I have played a little bit with some scripts and I have considered various ways that one might implement something. This should not really be any different from any other type of transformation of XML using an XSLT transformation engine. I have run a few tests at the command line using msxsl.exe (which lets you run MSXML at the command line) and I think this is the type of thing that could be scripted inside an XMetaL macro, with the results displaying either in Page Preview view or an external browser (FireFox, IE, etc). In that case you would instantiate the MSXML ActiveX control directly using script and pass it the files or strings that need manipulating directly (msxsl.exe is not installed on every Windows machine, but some version of MSXML is).

Is that what you are looking for?

There is not enough demand from our clients at this point to justify doing this work as a generic feature in the product. However, perhaps one of our partners might be contracted to do this for you.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:49:48 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us