Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Topics don't appear in Eclipse Help output but do in Webhelp and PDF  (Read 2371 times)
jepry

« on: May 24, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »

When I generate Eclipse Help I've got several topics, all in one ditamap, that give a "topic not found" error in our infocenter. All of the other topics in the publication show up. When I generate either Webhelp or a PDF, these topics show up also, it's just in Eclipse Help that they don't.

Since they're all referenced in one ditamap it seems likely that the map is the problem, but I can't see one, and as I say the map and the topics all work fine if I generate Webhelp or anything else.

Any ideas what that might be?

jepry

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »

Found the solution to this, odd as it is:

I was puzzling over this and comparing DITA maps and along the way I noticed that every time I generated Eclipse Help, and then created a .jar file from the eclipse_help_out contents, the jar file became larger.

So I deleted the "eclipse_help_out" folder and let it generate a new one -- and sure enough the new jar file was a fraction of the size of the last one.

So on a hunch I tried that in the infocenter and the mystery topics reappeared.

Eclipse Help output must be appending things rather than rewriting, and bloating the jar file, and just scrambling things somewhere.

So, new SOP for me -- delete output folders before each generation.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: