Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: How to Justify in pdf output ?  (Read 4585 times)
WinstonRV

« on: February 18, 2011, 09:51:41 AM »

I just changed the layout to 2 column in <xm_layout_masters_overrides>and need to justify the text in pdf output
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »

Hi Winston,

We might be able to help more if you could provide more detail about what you're hoping to achieve, what you changed and where, and what what you're seeing.

In general, modifying page layout through XSL files is not simple. Getting the results that people are looking for tends to require a significant amount of programming experience and patience. An option we offer that provides easier-to-use control over PDF layout is the TopLeaf Plugin: http://na.justsystems.com/content-xmetal-topleaf

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
WinstonRV

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 03:37:49 AM »

I just added <xsl:attribute name="column-count">2</xsl:attribute>   line in the xm_layout_masters_overrides to get 2 column layout.  but how do i justify the content.

* 01.JPG (43.32 KB, 373x400 - viewed 700 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »

Quickest way to do this is to modify this file:
<DITA OT>\demo\xmfo\cfg\fo\attrs\commons-attr.xsl

Add the following into any "attribute-set" you wish to alter the text alignment for:
<xsl:attribute name="text-align">justify</xsl:attribute>

If that already exists but has a different value (left/right/center) then change the value.

A cleaner way (which I would recommend) would be to copy the entire attribute-set you wish to change into the following file (to redefine it) and then make your changes there:
<DITA OT>\demo\xmfo\cfg\fo\attrs\custom.xsl

You may wish to include a comment referencing the file that this new attribute-set modifies so that if you need to check on this in a future release of the DITA OT where it may no longer work, function differently, or no longer be needed, you can find out why. Keeping everything in this one "override" file (custom.xsl) makes things easier to distribute to other users, back-up, etc.

Details on support for text-align in RenderX XEP here:
http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html#Text_Alignment
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:03:06 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: