Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetal 5.5 Spell checker "No error string for this error."  (Read 4267 times)
Luicio

« on: February 08, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »

Hello - I am using XMetal 5.5 and every time I run the spell checker i get a pop up error "No error string for this error." after clicking okay it continues to spell check.  Has anyone run into this or have any idea on how to repair this?  Any help would be appreciated.

- L
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »

This sounds like an installation issue to me and not something you can fix by changing any settings. Best to try repairing the installation, or uninstalling and then installing again.
Luicio

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »

I tried doing the repair without any luck.  I will re-install and see if this corrects the issue, thank you for your response!
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »

Since this is a spell checker issue you may wish to check to see if the following folder remains after uninstalling. If it does then manually remove it before reinstalling:

C:\Program Files\Corel\Shared\XMetaL
Luicio

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:15:12 PM »

Will do, tnx!
Luicio

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »

Unfortunately removing XMetal 5.5 completely and re installing on this workstation did not correct this issue, this is currently effecting an office of 3 users all with the same issue. 

I'm wondering if maybe there is a value set in the registry somewhere causing this error?  I'm out of ideas..
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »

Can you try following this procedure: http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=27257

XMetaL uses the same Corel spell-checker component that is used in WordPerfect, including the files in My Documents/Corel User Files.

Note that you must exit XMetaL before you delete the relevant files. Actually to be on the safe side, you should exit all applications before you delete these files, because other applications which use the Corel spell-checker component could lock these files.

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: