Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: ditaval file written to same folder as map  (Read 3848 times)
james_uc

« on: February 01, 2011, 11:45:54 PM »

We set conditional text with a custom ct_config.xml file, authors use the Show/Hide conditional text dialog when building content. With XMetaL 6.0, builds seem to write the newly created .ditaval file to the same location as the map. This is getting a bit messy. Can anyone tell me where this is being done, and if possible how to stop it?
gcrews

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:08:35 AM »

I have noticed this as well, occasionally hh???.xml files and  ***$$$.dtd crop up in our content to. I usually go though and delete the files every now w and then. it would make sense to have the ditaval in the output folder.
gcrews

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »

Also, is there any reliable way to not have the output in the same folder as the map/content?  I know you can specify a folder such as “C:\_tmp\out” but what happens when you generate output from two different maps in different folders?  I have run into issues sometimes if the output directory is not clean before compiles.  If you have temporarily changed a file in the output folder, say the CSS for testing, when you recompile, the CSS file does not get replaced since its timestamp is newer. It is also an issue if there are files in the output folder that compiled successful one time but no longer compile successfully, the old file will  be  in the output folder and get used in chm.  Is there any way to clean out the output folder before the compile? I tried once but  xmetal locaks a handle on some file.

I also recently started using the cmd_synchro_mode option and it additionally compiles all the temp xml files and stuff to the output folder. This makes doing searches for files in windows very erroneous with all the extra files in the content folders.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:21:06 PM by gcrews » Logged
james_uc

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 03:16:39 PM »

UPDATE - I've edited the file DitaRenditions.js and this seems to have fixed the problem. Let me know if anyone wants the details.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: