Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: spell checker  (Read 3325 times)
chandan7891

« on: January 18, 2011, 05:18:33 AM »

hi
I wanted to know is their any way that we can provide the dynamic spell checker in xmetal5.5 author like the same way the xmetal 6.0 is providing....

We can't use xmetal6.0 because the content@ is not flexible with it..and it can't be set up with xmetal 6.0......but our editors need this functionality badly...

so any suggestion in this regard will be great help...

Thanks
Chandan 
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »

No, this is not possible as this is a new feature in 6.0.
chandan7891

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »

hi Derek

If we take the help of just system engg team will they able to provide us this functionality in xmetal 5.5....
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »

Perhaps this is difficult for me to explain clearly, but the programming work has already been done to 5.5. Our developers added this functionality to XMetaL Author 5.5 and versioned it XMetaL Author 6.0.

The modifications required to add this functionality were extensive and altered the core program (xmetal55.exe --> xmetal60.exe) in various ways. Perhaps you are thinking that because the spell checker mostly a separate piece (consisting of a number of DLLs and other files) that it can be updated on its own but that is not the case here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:46:29 PM by Derek Read » Logged
chandan7891

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:50:13 PM »

We can understand that but currently we have our CMS XY contenta integrated with XMetal 5.5 and it is not supporting XMetal 6.0 as there is no supporting plugin for XMetal 6.0. So we have to implement the dynamic spell checking in XMetal 5.5.

As our editor is very sensitive about their content ... And if your team can provide us this features then
we are ready to take their help also...

It would be more than appreciated if you can help us out in implementing this feature in XMetal 5.5.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »

It's just not possible.

In order to give you this feature we would need to update your XMetaL Author 5.5 installation by replacing the xmetal55.exe with an xmetal60.exe and a bunch of DLLs. That would mean turning your 5.5 release into a 6.0 release, effectively doing the same thing as uninstalling 5.5 and installing 6.0.

What you should do in this instance is to ask the CMS provider for a version of their connector that works with the version of XMetaL you need (which is 6.0). I'm not sure if they are working on this at the moment but I suspect you are not the only client they have that wishes to use XMetaL 6.0 as there are a number of other improvements added to the 6.0 release that are quite attractive.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us