Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Events in macros  (Read 2229 times)
AlexK
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:17:56 AM »

XMetal v.6
I've put mcr file to "C:\Program Files\XMetaL 6.0\Author\StartUp\" and added macro "On_Document_Close".
Why is the On_Document_Close event activated only once when I close the latest opened document? What about other opened documents? How can I get the Document Close event for each document?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »

This event will work for document-level customizations. It will not work as you have tried, which is an application-level customization (where it is designed to be ignored).

If you move your script into your document-level customization (that would be inside <schemaname>.mcr or <dtdname>.mcr) then it should function. Similar events are also document-level only (On_Document_Open_Complete, On_Document_Save, etc).

If you feel you need to do something at the application-level (for all documents regardless of schema) perhaps you could explain what you need to do so we can suggest a solution if there is one. If this is  complex, requires you to share files, or you otherwise do not wish to discuss this on the forum feel free to submit a support case (or if you are a partner, to contact partner support).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:40:20 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us