Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: UI corrupt after printing from the preview pane on system with very large fonts  (Read 2997 times)
LeeHart

« on: November 11, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »

XMetaL Author Essential 6.0.1 Version#: 6.0.1.035 on Windows 7

The system is set up for very large fonts (144 pixels per inch). After previewing a topic, right clicking on the topic and selecting print, and then returning to Tags On view, the UI is corrupted (for lack of a better term.) Things don't fit and garbage fills in the gaps. Closing and restarts XMetaL clears it up until another topic is printed like this.

This reproduces with Samples\Cameras\CamerasInFocus.xml as well as our schema.

Thanks,

Lee
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:25:31 PM »

Can't reproduce this on Windows XP. I'm loading up a Windows 7 and will let you know soon if I can reproduce this there.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:10:03 PM »

Can't reproduce this on Windows 7 either. I guess I must be missing something in the configuration or in the steps.

Here are my exact steps after setting the Windows screen DPI to 144 ("150% of normal size"):

1. Start with camerasinfocus.xml open in Tags On view.
2. Switch to "Page Preview" (either by selecting the "globe" button at the bottom of the document or using the option in the View menu).
3. Right click in the resulting preview (which is IE), select Print, then do an actual print (not sure I have to go all the way to print here but I have).
4. Switch back to Tags On view. Everything looks fine to me, at least as good as it ever does with a mishmash of small icons and large menu text.

Is there a specific portion of the UI that is messed up? Perhaps a screenshot will help.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:11:36 PM by Derek Read » Logged
LeeHart

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »

Attached is an image. You can see the corruption around the menu bar and minimize/maximize/close icons.

Thanks,

Lee

* XMetaL_printing_anomaly.Jpg (224.65 KB, 1920x292 - viewed 391 times.)
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: